Friday 7 November 2008

Shopping, Laundry

It rained all night and most of the morning however we didn't get the thunderstorms that were forecast. I didn't get out to walk this morning so after breakfast got showered and went in to Pulaski, a nearby town to the local Walmart to pick up some groceries. US Route 64 in this area is quite pretty and there are a lot of little cabins that remind me of traveling in the Ozarks. I also stopped at Dollar Tree and got behind a woman who spent $97.00 at Dollar Tree. There were no other cashiers so I was there forever! How can you spend that much money in Dollar Tree?

Here's the HiLo camper that's down a few sites from us.

Here are a couple of photos I took on our way back from Pulaski.


I also got my expense sheet updated this morning. I need to keep on top of it while we're in the U.S. as I'm trying to do it in both US and Canadian dollars. I'll see how November works out to see if I keep it up for the six months we're here and if all that work really tells me anything.

I decided to do some laundry this afternoon so put in two loads. It was hard to turn down 75 cents to wash and 50 cents to dry. You don't see that too often! Although it did take $1.00 to dry each load as I had some heavy stuff in there.

Other than reading and a nap that about makes up the day!

1 comment:

  1. Dollar tree can add up. My highest was $150 when I did a party and getting cleaning stuff, food, stuff for RV. Not all things are a dollar. I forgot about the washer/dryer money. I'll put it in the budget.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.