Saturday 16 February 2008

A Quiet and Beautiful Day

Today was a wind down kind of day. The day started off cloudy but by noon the sun had come out and all traces of yesterday's rain gone except for a few puddles here and there.

I walked, I ran and didn't do much else except read and surf.

This afternoon I made another pot of stew so dinners are looked after for the next couple of days. While it was simmering away, I went for a walk in the desert around 5 p.m. I met a couple from Susanville, CA who hadn't walked in the desert before so were asking if there was anything they should be afraid of. I told them at this time of year probably the most dangerous was the teddy bear cholla. While out we saw this cute little jackrabbit. (on the right). We walked together for a while then I went farther into the desert while they took another route that I pointed out to them back to the RV park.


I was out for about 45 minutes in the golden light of sunset. Note the snow on the top of the mountain in the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.